Here’s a list of 10 unexpected costs of owning things. Many ring true for me…how about you?
1. The things you own have a cost of ownership.
2. You are carrying around the emotional weight of the things you don’t use.
3. You don’t learn your lessons on overspending, because you never face reality.
4. You let yourself buy status symbols.
5. You use objects as comfort.
6. You are weighed down.
7. The more stuff you have the more blind you become to it.
8. If you are overspending, you will never see that money again.
9. Each object has a path before you bought it.
10. You like the idea of owning something more than the reality.
Read the rest of the article here: http://almostfearless.com/2008/06/02/the-10-unexpected-costs-of-owning-things/
This article states precisely why I am an avid freecycler!